Page 508 - Kosovo Metohija Heritage
P. 508

Milan ivanović and Dragan jovanović
 Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, altar apse, 16th century
Mušnikovo, remants of frescos on the south wall, 16th century
of the Matoški stream; 14. locality called “Gradac” with the remnants of an old fortress upon which a hunting house has been recently erected (above the hermitages).
MUŽEVINE (istok): remnants of an old church (completely perished).
MUŽIČANE (Uroševac): small church and an old graveyard near the village, on the site called Staro Selo.
NABRDJE (Peć): ancient ruins of a church ttnd an old grave- yard.
NAGLAVCI (Klina): remnants of an old church, dedicated, according to tradition, to St. arsenije of Serbia, formerly ex- isted in the old village graveyard.
NAKLO (in the Middle Ages Nakla Vas, Peć): in the Middle ages Nakla Vas (Peć): new church. erected in 1985, upon the remnants of an old church (of St. john the Baptist?) in the old graveyard.
NAŠEC (Prizren): 1. remnants of the summer residence (“Rib- nik”) of the Serbian emperors Dušan and Uroš, uncovered on the hill above the Drim river on the site of today’s motel; 2. remnants of an old church situated in the village, flooded by an artificial lake.
NEBREGOŠTE (in the Middle ages Nebregošta, Prizren): ruins of the church of St. elijah.
NEC (formerly Netic, Djakovica): foundations of a Serbian church erected in 1920; in 1941, it was demolished the alba- nians, who also set the village ablaze.
NEČAVCE, NEĆAVCE (Kačanik): remnants of an old church. NEGROVAC (Glogovac): mention of a village priest in the 15th c. and the microtoponym “Crkva” (Church) testify to the existence of a church.
NEKODIM, NIKODIM (Uroševac): residence of the Serbian archbishop Nikodim (1317–1324) and a church were situated in the village; the localiry called “Stare Crkva” (Old Church) and the church of St. elijah, restored in 1975, exist today.
NEPOLJE (in the Middle ages Dnepolje, Peć): old graveyard on the site called Čamov Do.
NEVOLJANE (Vučitrn): remnants of an old church on the site called Crkvište (Ruins of a Church), and an old graveyard. NIKA (Kačanik): remnants of an old church on the site called Kamenica.
NOSALJE (Gnjilane): ruins of the church of the Holy Sa viour on the Glavica hill and the locality called “Crkvište” (Ruins of a Church).
NOVA ŠUMADIJA (Prizren): remnants of the cemetery of the expelled Serbs.
NOVI MIRAŠ (Uroševac): traces of a church on the site called Crkveni Laz (Church Lane) (a village priest mentioned in the 15th c.).
NOVO BRDO (Priština): 1. ruins of the cathedral church erected in the second half of the 14th c., with the fragments of frescos and stonework featuring Serbian inscriptions (con- verted into a mosque in 1466); 2. remnants of a modest-sized and somewhat older town church next to which a large place of worship was constructed; 3. remnants of the medieval jo- vca church, in jovan’s mahala; 4. two churches, the so-called Cifte Kilise (Paired Churches)—St. Mark’s churches by the old road to the fortress; one of the two old town cemeteries lies next to them; 6. church of St. Stephen, situated in the vi- cinity of St. Mark’s church; 7. church of the Mother of God (subsequently called “Pod javorom” (beneath Mt. javor) lo- cated north-east to the fortress; demolished by the Ottomans on their seizure of Novo Brdo.
NOVO SELO (Kriva Reka near Novo Brdo): remnants of an old church and an old cemetery near the village, on the site called Crkva (Church).
NOVO SELO (Peć): in the 15th c., two villages bearing this name were mentioned to have existed in the vicinity of Peć, one of them had a church. Present day Novo Selo had a grave- yard at the beginning of the 20th c.
NOVO SELO (in the Middle ages Selce, Priština): remnants of the church of the Holy archangels and an old graveyard became flooded when an aritficial lake was constructed on the Gračanka river in 1965.
Nec (Djakovica), remnants of the church destroyed in April 1941

   506   507   508   509   510