Page 514 - Kosovo Metohija Heritage
P. 514

Milan ivanović and Dragan jovanović
 Pustenik, remnants of the Church dedicated to an unknown Saint, external view of the apse, 14th century
of St. Panteleemon in the Pantelija mahala, constructed in 1937 on the foundations of an older ecclesiastical sturcture; 9. foundations of the church of St. Thomas beneath the Prizren fortress; 10. ruins of the church of St. Prokopius, in the Pan- telija mahala; 11. church of St. anna stood on the present-day site of Mustapha-Pasha’s mosque; 12. church of St. athanasius situated in the Prizren Fortress (Kaljaja); on its site emin-Pasha Rotul erected a mosque and clock-tower in 1805 (the mosque was demolished by the Bulgarians); 13. remnants of the Church of St. Peter, on the left bank of the Bistrica river; 14. church of St. elias formerly situated on the right bank of the Bistrica, until 1915 a graveyard was also located there; 15. church of the epiphany, upon whose foundations a mosque was erected in the Maraš-mahala; 16. church of the Transfiguration, accord- ing to tradition part of the emperor Dušan’s court, on the pres- ent-day site of Mehmed-Pasha’s mosque; 17. church of St. Nich- olas, the so-called Town church (mentioned in the 14th c.) in the ancient Višegrad fortress, above the monastery of the Holy archangels; 18. “Gospodjina Crkva” (church of the Mother of God) mentioned in a charter of the emperor Dušan in 1348; 19. monastery of St. Barbara, in Prizren or its surroundings mentioned in the Turkish defter of 1526–1559; 20. remnants of a rock-cut church and monastery (15th c.) in the locality called Golem Kamen near Prizren; 21. church of St. Nicholas Rajkov from the 14th c., restored in 1857 (treasuring a 16th century icon); 22. church of St. George Runović from the 15th c. (the Royal doors from the 16th c.) in the yard of the Cathedral church; 23. hermitage of St. Nicholas, the most significant in the series of hermitages in the Bistrica gorge, adjusted to the form of a church (remnants of 14th-century frescos); 24. church of St. Helena stood on the site of the mosque erected by Mustapha- Pasha of Prizren; 25. ruins of the building of the old Prizren Metropolitan with the Bishop’s chapel south-east to the Moth-
Priština, inscription for exonarthex of the Serbian church of Saint Nicholas, 1906
er of God of Ljeviša; 26. church of St. Blasius (mentioned in a charter of the emperor Dušan of 1348) situated somewhere in Pnzren or its vicinity; 27. church of St. Nicholas—Tutić, erect- ed in 1331/1332 and painted soon aftetwards, with the rem- nants of frescos; 28. foundations of the church of the Presen- tation of the Mother of God, the endowment of the young Serbian King Marko from 1371 (the remnants of frescos from the 14th c.), discovered beneath a more recent church of St. Kyriake; 29. church of St. Stephen (unascertained), probably erected by the Serbian King Milutin; 30. monument to the Serbian warriors fallen in the wars 1912 and 1914–1918; 31. me- morial chappel of Serbian soldiers fallen in the liberation of Prizren in 1912 and during World War i; 32. Studenac Kosovo, the memorial drinking fountain to the officers and soldiers of the 3rd Serbian army fallen in the battle for the liberation of Prizren in 1912.
PROPAŠTICA (Priština): 1. foundations of a church near the present-day mosque; 2. ruins of an old church, south-west of the primary school building; 3. remains of a church and of foundations probably belonging to monastic structures (the so-called Milica’s church) in the Church valley. PRUGOVAC (in the milldlle ages Prugovce, Priština): at the beginning of the 20th c. the remains of a church were known to have existed (a village priest mentioned in the 15th c.). PUSTENIK (Kačanik): ruins of a 14th-century church on the hill above the village.
PUSTINJA-LESKOVAC: an unascertained monastery on the Lab river (mentioned in the Turkish census of 1455).
RABOVCE (in the Middle ages Robovci, Lipljan): new vil- lage church erected in 1984 on the foundations of the medi- eval church of St. Kyriake, in the Crkvena (Church) mahala. RAČA (Djakovica): remains of an old church still existed at the beginning of the 20th c. on the site called Račanska Crkva (Račanska Church).
RAČAK (Uroševac): remains of the foundations of a church (of the Holy anargyroi?) from the 14th c., with the fragments of frescos and stone ornaments.
RADAVAC (Peć): 14th and 15th-century documents make men- tion of the monastery of the Holy Savior the church and sub- sidiary buildings whose remains stand above the present-day hydro-electric power plant probably belonged to it; a modest- sized church (on the site of today s sawmill) and an old grave- yard also existed.
RADEŠA (Dragaš): in the 14th c., the churches of St. Nicholas and St. elias were situated in the village surroundings the foun- dations of an old church have survived on the site called Za- grajce. The village also had two old graveyards—in the Lower mahala and in the Peterce mahala.
RADEVO (in the Middle ages Radojevo, Lipljan): ruins of an old church and the medieval cemetery called “Čivutsko Gro- blje” (jewish Cemetery).
RADIŠEVO (Srbica): a reference to a village priest in the 15th c. and folk tradition indicate that the village had a church; an old graveyard has survived.
RADIVOJCE (Vitina): censuses from the 15th and the 16th c. make mention of the monastery of the Holy archangels the locality called “Crkvište” (ruins of a church) is situated next to the village.

   512   513   514   515   516