Page 13 - Yate Town FC v Hartley Wintney 040323
P. 13

League Review

       amends for that miss in the 78th minute when he poked the ball past Knightbridge
       after he was put through by Omar Rowe.
       Poole Town returned to fourth spot after they won 2-0 against the side who held
       that position at kick-off, Bracknell Town. The Robins` first league defeat in six
       games saw Poole break the deadlock 2 minutes into first half injury-time at the SB
       Stadium when Toby Holmes was brought down in the box by home `keeper Michael
       Eacott and Jake Andrews duly converted the resulting penalty. And the Dolphins
       confirmed a very good win 5 minutes from time with a second from Corby Moore.
       Hayes & Yeading United are seventh, two points behind Supermarine and four
       of Bracknell, after a 1-0 win at the SKYex Community Stadium against neighbours
       Hanwell Town. In the end, an early 5th minute goal from Roger James sealed the
       points for Hayes & Yeading, although the Geordies will be kicking themselves for
       passing up several second half chances.
       At the other end of the table, it was a bad day for Yate, who were the only team
       in the bottom four not to have picked up a point. The Bluebells were beaten 2-1 at
       Bolitho Park by Plymouth Parkway, who are now well clear of the bottom four.
       A crowd of 439 saw Ben Seymour bag a quickfire brace for Parkway in the 18th and
       20th minutes. Darren Mullings pulled one back for Yate 2 minutes later but Lee
       Hobbs’ side held firm for three important points.
       Bottom-markers  North  Leigh  shocked  their  hosts  Merthyr  Town,  who  were
       looking to push on towards the play-off places, with a 3-0 win at the Met Coaches
       Stadium!  Jordan  Thomas  put  the  Millers  ahead  after  37  minutes.  Twariq  Yusuf
       added a second on 67 minutes and new boy Tom Wynn-Davis, on ‘work experience’
       from Swindon Town, made it game over with a goal on debut in the 87th minute.
       The  day  could  hardly  have  been  worse  for  Merthyr  –  but  it  did  as  they  were
       awarded a penalty a minute later, only for Lewis Powell to see his spot-kick saved
       by the excellent Adam North.
       North Leigh now only trail second-bottom Hartley Wintney by two points after
       The Row were held to a 1-1 draw at home by a now 16th-placed Winchester City.
       A crowd of 407 at The Memorial Playing Fields saw the hosts break the deadlock
       immediately  after  half-time  through  Afolabi  Soyemi-Ololade.  But  the  Citizens
       grabbed a point with 2 minutes to go through Warren Bentley.
       Hendon remain two points above Hartley Wintney after they too shared a 1-1
       draw at Holloways Park against mid-table Beaconsfield Town. Liam Brooks gave
       the Greens a 12th minute lead that Aaron Minhas cancelled out 6 minutes before
       Gosport Borough are only five points above the bottom four now after they were
       beaten 2-0 at Privett Park by eighth-placed Metropolitan Police. In front of 673,
       the  Met  crucially  scored  right  on  half-time  through  Kwaku  Frimpong.  And  they
       made sure of the points when Conor Lee made it 2-0 in the 76th minute.
   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18