Page 16 - CCFA Journal - Third Issue
P. 16
加中金融
CCFF2020/加拿大中国金融论坛 2020 加中金融
主持人:谢谢您的解答。现在是关于新冠疫情的第二轮问 Moderator: Thank you. Now, let me throw out the second
题:希望随着疫苗的上市,我们最终能够解决一部分问题。 round of questions about a post-pandemic world. Hopefully,
with the vaccine coming to the market, we can finally resolve
韩玫博士,您在关于分割图片处理、机器学习等领域发表 some of these issues.
了超过 30 多篇论文。那您在一个非常关键的时期加入平 Dr Han, you have published over 30 papers on topics such as
安,在疫情之前,你们帮助平安在疫情期间转型进入 division image processing and machine learning. You also
“ABCD 时代”(人工智能、区块链、云技术、大数据)。但 joined Ping An during a very critical period. Prior to pandemic,
you have helped Ping An to equip itself and transform during
另一方面,我们可以看到科技巨头也进入了金融行业,比 the pandemic to embrace the “ABCD Era” (AI, Blockchain,
如埃隆·马斯克,特斯拉 8 月份在中国注册了保险经纪公 Cloud and Big Data). But on the other hand, we can see the
司。他们可能会通过他们的生态系统推出自己的保险产品, technology giants also entering financial industry, such as
因为他们拥有各种驾驶员数据。那么,您如何看待平安的 Elon Musk. Tesla just registered their insurance brokerage in
China in August. They are probably going to launch their
发展机遇?如果科技巨头进入这个市场,在疫情后会面临 insurance products through their ecosystem because they
什么挑战? have all sorts of driver data. So, what is your view on the
opportunities for Ping An moving forward? What’s the
韩玫博士:我认为这是一个很好的机遇,因为我可以看到 challenge in the post-pandemic world if the technology giants
传统保险公司和高科技公司之间有很多的碰撞,比如我们 come into this market?
在内部讨论的汽车保险,如果所有汽车都是自动驾驶,届 Dr.Han: I think this is a good opportunity. I can see there is a lot of
时我们还需要汽车保险吗?平安拥有数十年的保险经验和 shaking or waving between the traditional insurance companies
大量与银行的交易数据,同时我们有良好的用户和代理形 and high-tech companies. We had internal discussions about car
象。这些数据和高科技帮助我们更好的为汽车保险定价。 insurance, for example, if all the cars are on auto-pilot, do we still
我想说这种合作对传统企业和高科技企业都是双赢的,当 need car insurance? But Ping An has decades of insurance business
然我们自己也在开发新技术去迎接挑战。 experiences plus a lots of transaction data with banks. We have a
good profile of users and agents. Given this data and high level of
主持人:没错!最受欢迎的合作模式就是双赢,我们可以 technology, this helps us better price car insurance. I would say this
通过技术或数据收集让客户获得更好的用户体验。谢谢你 collaborative opportunity is a win-win situation for both traditional
的分享!Touyz 博士,第一资本的董事长 Fairbank 曾说好 and high-tech companies. We are starting to develop technology to
的产品是即时的、个性化的,您能解释一下银行尤其是零 embrace these challenges.
售银行如何提升客户即时化、个性化的用户体验呢?未来, Moderator: Right! The favourite collaboration is the win-win
银行可能是数字化和开放式的,仅需要一个银行的牌照。 situation that we can rely upon technology or collect more
现在,Facebook, Twitter, Netflix 等公司控制着各种数 data to have a better user experience. Thank you for sharing
that with us.
据,如果他们进入了银行业,你们将如何应对?根据您的
经验和观察,在疫情后,科技巨头和传统银行之间的机遇 Dr. Touyz, the Capital One Chairman Mr. Fairbank said that
和挑战是什么? good customer products are instant and can be customized.
Can you explain how to enhance the instant and the
Touyz 博士:这个问题问得很好。疫情从根本上加速了其 customized experience for our bank customers, especially
retail? In the future, banks may just be digital and open banks,
实已经在金融行业看到的变化,而有些领域的投资大幅增 it probably only require a banking licence. Nowadays,
加,包括传统银行一直在大举投资的基础设施等领域。这 Facebook has data, Twitter has data, Netflix has data, etc.
确实是对传统行业的一个转变,因为需要在组织、更新方 They control all sorts of data. So if some of these companies
面去考虑模型周期。数字银行将成为我们未来的重要组成 is entering into banking industry, how will your company
respond to it? From your experience and observation, what
部分而且我认为这也是个现状。一个很开放的问题是“在
are the opportunities and the challenges in the post-pandemic
疫情期间,一个以现金为主的行业怎样转型到无现金化?” world between tech giants and also traditional banks?
我认为这样的转变肯定在加速,而且结果会是银行间会有
Dr. Touyz: I will say that the pandemic fundamentally accelerated
更多在科技上的竞争,而不仅仅是面对面的交流。我想说
the changes that we were seeing within the financial industry
下金融机构的领导力,未来在银行领域,拥有竞争优势的 already. There are a couple of areas we're seeing dramatic increases
将会是那些能够综合应用数据科学,以及具有金融价值和 in investments, including things like infrastructure which
软技能的机构。这两者的结合让我觉得现在是进入这个领 traditional banks have been investing quite heavily in. It really is
域的大好时机。至于大型科技公司,我不太确定,因为要 the shift away from legacy because there is a need to be nimble。
使客户满意而且我觉得这种服务与银行机构的意识背道而 Digital banking is going to be a big piece of our future. One of the
驰。正交服务最有可能由这些大型科技公司产生,比如 questions that's still quite open is “how do we go from cash base to
Libra。我不认为我们一定会与传统银行业直接竞争。如有 cashless while being in a pandemic?” I think banks will start to
compete more on technology rather than simply having face-to-
的话,将会是改变我们对投资和货币流动的看法。卓女士
face interactions. I want to touch on leadership within financial
之前提到的那些领域是通过竞争和与其他金融科技公司的
institutions, the future competitive advantage for most banks will
合作,以支持银行的各种举措,所以如果不是只在机构内
be around folks who can synthesize ideas within data science, along
部进行,就可能会与金融科技公司合作、甚至收购。这些 with connecting those with financial value and soft skill
都令人很兴奋。 competencies. I think it's a fantastic time to be in this field because
it requires a blend of both. About big tech, I'm not actually sure
because there's need to delight customers and I think this servicing
runs counter with the ethos of banking institutions. I think what will
most likely happen is that orthogonal services will be generated
from these big tech companies, Libra being an example. I don't
think (we) will necessarily compete directly with traditional
banking. If anything, it will just shift the way in which we think
about investment and the flow of currency. I think the area that Ms.
Zhuo brought up a little bit earlier, is around increased competition
and collaboration with other Fintech companies to support various
banking initiatives. So, if it's not built in-house, there's partnership,
collaboration or even acquisition that may occur with a Fintech
company. So I think that's also super exciting.
CCFA JOURNAL OF FINANCE MARCH 2021
Page 16